- This event has passed.
CHARTER | Present and Future Digital Strategies for Cultural Heritage
On the occasion of the CHARTER General Meeting in Rome, a public conference to reflect upon the digital transition and its impact on cultural professionals
30 November 2022 ore 08:00 - 17:00
Questo appuntamento è disponibile in streaming sulla nostra piattaforma fad.fondazionescuolapatrimonio.it
The European Cultural Heritage Skills Alliance CHARTER is a project funded by the Erasmus+ programme to bridge the gap between training and professional needs in the cultural heritage field.
Coming out from an alliance between the scientific community, professionals from the cultural and the education fields, social workers and governmental representatives, CHARTER is promoted by a consortium of 47 partners coming from more than 14 different European countries.
The European Cultural Heritage Skills Alliance CHARTER is a project funded by the Erasmus+ programme to bridge the gap between training and professional needs in the cultural heritage field. On the 28th, the 29th and the 30th of November, the Fondazione Scuola dei beni e delle attività culturali organise the CHARTER General Meeting, for the CHARTER Allience members only. A conference, titled Present and Future Digital Strategies for Cultural Heritage, takes place on the 30th of November and is open to both the CHARTER members and to external stakeholders.
For the conference on the 30th of November, institutional and governmental representatives and cultural heritage experts and academics gather to exchange views and perspectives on which digital competences are needed by the cultural heritage professionals and how the digital transition will shape the way people work in the near future. Available both in English and in Italian and live streamed through our e-learning platform fad.fondazionescuolapatrimonio.it, the conference starts with the official greetings of our President, Vincenzo Trione and the CHARTER coordinator Lluís Bonet. Following, representatives from the Digital Library of the Italian Minister of culture delve into the Italian National Plan of Digitisation (PND). The round table Education, competences and profiles, moderated by Erminia Sciacchitano (Minister’s cabinet), ends the public open day of the CHARTER General Meeting in Rome.
The conference Present and Future Digital Strategies for Cultural Heritage is free and open to all. It is both in Italian and English, and a live translation is available for both languages.
Il programma della giornata
9:00-9:30 – Registration
09:30-10:00 – Welcome coffee
10:00-10:10 – Welcome speech – Vincenzo Trione, president, Fondazione Scuola dei beni e delle attività culturali
10:10-10:30 – Introduction – Lluís Bonet, CHARTER coordinator, Universitat de Barcelona
10:30-10:50 – Opening The National Digitasation Plan
- Tiziana Mancinelli, Istituto Centrale per la digitalizzazione del patrimonio culturale – Digital Library, Ministero della Cultura
10:50-12:50 – Round table Education, competences and profiles. Moderator: Erminia Sciacchitano, Uffici di diretta collaborazione del Ministro (Minister’s Cabinet), Ministero della Cultura. Participants:
- Margherita Sani, project coordinator, NEMO – Network of European Museum Organisations
- Francesca Traclò, consultant, Fondazione Scuola dei beni e delle attività culturali
- Delphine Jasmin-Belisle, head of development and membership, The Heritage Alliance
- Conxa Rodà, co-director, Curso de especialización en Estrategia Digital en Organizaciones Culturales at Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC) and Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC)
- Flavia Massara, BIBLIO project manager – Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico delle Biblioteche italiane
- Nicola Barbuti, BIBLIO project coordinator – Università di Bari
- María Cristina Ortega, Cyanotypes project – HKU University of Utrecht
- Mariachiara Esposito, Seconded National expert, DG EAC – DG for Education and Culture, European Commission
12:50-13:20 – Q&A
13:20-13:50 – Conclusions – Dialogue among Lluís Bonet, CHARTER coordinator, Universitat de Barcelona, and Alessandra Gariboldi, president, Fondazione Fitzcarraldo
13:50-14:50 – Lunch
14:50-17:20 – Invited experts and CHARTER members discuss about key points to take away (private session without public).